There are some skin conditions, that are not quite dangerous, but look quite unattractive and ugly, to say the least. One of them is Strawberry legs. Heard it for the first time? Maybe you too are experiencing it, but are unaware of the term used for it.
What is Strawberry Legs?
Strawberry legs are nothing but the presence of small dark spots beneath the skin, that resemble strawberry seeds. They are nothing but the hair which couldn’t grow completely, trapped beneath the skin. These may also have bacteria, and oil residue which can cause slight problems to your skin. The legs having such condition, look unattractive and thus can lower our confidence a little, when the legs are exposed. Though these look and feel unattractive, we can get rid of it, by some most effective home remedies. Here are 5 Tips to Get Rid of Strawberry Legs. First, of, let’s look at the symptoms of Strawberry Legs
- Black spots on the surface of the skin
- Reddish/ blackish bumps on the skin
- Clogged pores, rough and dry skin
Here are 5 Tips to Getting Rid of Strawberry Legs
1. Baking Soda
Baking Soda acts as an anti-inflammatory as well as an exfoliating agent. It prevents skin from inflammation and also exfoliates it by preventing it from becoming dry. Here is a quick remedy with baking soda that will help you get rid of strawberry legs. You will need:
- Baking soda
- Mix Baking soda and water so as to form a semi-liquid paste.
- Apply it generously on your legs
- Let it dry, and rinse it off with cold water.
- Do this exercise every day, to see effective results.
Exfoliation helps in removing the dead cells, grime, and dirt from underneath the skin. And this has proven to be quite helpful in getting rid of strawberry legs too. You will need:
- Olive oil 2 spoons
- Brown sugar 2 spoons
- Clove oil 2-3 drops
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Wash your legs, and pat them dry
- Apply this mixture on your legs and gently rub them.
- Rinse it off after 10 minutes of gentle massage.
- Repeat this every alternate day, ideally before taking a shower
3. Sea Salt
Sea Salt is packed with minerals like calcium, potassium, and magnesium. The lack of which can cause our skin to become dry and itchy. Sea Salt boosts your skin with natural elements that are rich for restoring your skin. You will need:
- 1/2 cup sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- Mix sea salt and coconut oil and form a thick paste
- Apply this on your skin
- Rub it gently with a washcloth, more like scrubbing
- Wash it off
- Do this exercise twice a week for best results.
4. Tea tree and JOJOBA OIL
Tea tree oil and jojoba oils are known to have anti-inflammatory properties and help keep skin healthy. You will need:
- 2-3 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 spoon jojoba oil
- Mix both the oils and apply it evenly on your legs
- After rigorous massaging, rinse it off with water.
- Use this remedy every night before bedtime.
5. Buttermilk bath
Buttermilk is a rich source of lactic acid, which is a great element in keeping the skin healthy and supple, eliminating dark spots You will need:
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 bucket water
- Run a bath, and add the buttermilk to it
- Soak yourself in the bath so that you get the maximum benefits of it.
- Shower as usual
- Practice this every day, so as to avoid clogged pores.